Explore Plant & Transport Solutions are currently recruiting for a Operations Support Manager – Select to work at our St Neots Depot.
The purpose of the role is to provide day to day operational support to a customer team, acting as a dedicated resource and working alongside their operational staff. The main activities covered will be coordination and execution of tower crane installations and dismantles.
- Oversight of tower crane install and dismantle operations
- Coordination and monitoring of deliveries against the Explore plan
- Review of work done and debrief on any issues
- Maintain open and honest communication with customer team
- Review of site specific requirements and ensuring these are adhered to
- Coordinate weekly debrief of work done and close of any resulting actions
- Fully engaged customer team
- High levels of delivery and collection on time
- Vehicles arriving on site in sequence and according to agreed plans
- Coordinated communication between customer team and Explore planning team
- Ability to work flexibly and cover weekend and unsociable hours when required
Nature & Area of Impact
- The role holder will be the first point of contact for a large customer with complex operational requirements, this will require the individual to be a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships and manage a high degree of change.
- Successful delivery of the role will see operational performance maintained at a consistently high level while maintaining close working relationships with both the Explore and customer operational teams.
- A large volume of workload happens during weekend and bank holiday periods, the role holder would need to be prepared to be available during these times either by phone or on site (for one off high profile projects)
- Understanding of vehicle planning, ideally working with some construction based customers and dealing with tower crane or other complex transport operations.
- Evidence of working in a fast paced and high change environment would also be extremely desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential, understanding of the transport industry is essential with knowledge of construction based customers and the requirements for project sites would be a big advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of tower crane erection and dismantle is essential, with a wider knowledge of other lifting equipment (crawler cranes, etc) being an advantage.
- Ability to generate positive working relationships across a diverse team.
- Understanding of correct loading and strapping procedures with the ability to advise and assist in building loading plans for the depot to maximise transport efficiency
|Job Category||Transport Operations|