Explore Plant & Transport Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to work within our Maintenance & Service Team based at our Winsford Depot.
The role of the Senior Maintenance Engineer is critical in the delivery of the Explore Plant Hire vision and its need to deliver a cultural behavioral change amongst its maintenance teams that will allow more commercially and efficient operations.
Safety is core to everything we do and you will be required to manage the workload and the day to day operations remotely whilst ensuring compliance to legislative and company requirements. The role requires the co-ordination of resources and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure work is delivered on time, on budget and to the quality standard expected. Drive and enthusiasm will achieve improvements in availability and plant standards, reduce long term maintenance spend and help to achieve our HSE initiatives. As part of this role the successful applicant will be responsible for all maintenance activities ensuring they are in line with company process and delivered in a safe and professional manner.
- Support the maintenance team to achieve a continuous reduction in our incident and accident rates
- Coordinate all maintenance activities for all assets.
- Prioritise and schedule work plans to ensure all required maintenance is completed.
- Ensure that all master data is up to date in company systems
- Ensure that all mandatory inspections are completed within guidelines to maximize safety and to minimize downtime and non-compliance.
- Oversee the availability of parts for all work orders scheduled on the daily worksheet by working closely with the stores department in ordering, receiving, purchasing of parts and the selection of suppliers to maintain the schedule.
- Assist Head of Service & Compliance in the preparation of the annual maintenance budget; the development of the department’s long-term goals and objectives to meet the overall plant operational and cost reduction goals.
- Support maintenance projects by identifying parts required to execute work, tool requirements, manpower requirements, and the estimated completion time for effective planning & execution of maintenance work.
- Review maintenance costs and recommend areas where savings can be made for overall reduction of maintenance costs.
- Other duties as agreed on a daily basis with the Depot.
Nature and Area of Impact
- This is a role that requires excellent stakeholder management coupled with good problem solving skills. An ability to work
under pressure whilst maintaining best practice H&S standards is a core requirement.
- A key measure for this role is the turnaround time on assets allowing the company to generate higher revenues from asset availability.
- Engineering Trade Qualification
- IOSH – Managing Safely
- Full UK Driving Licence
Strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, telehandlers, dumpers & rollers etc. (OEM understanding for CAT, JCB and Hitachi Machines preferred.)
• Electrical fault finding
• Fault Diagnosis
• General servicing and defect repair
|Job Category||Business Shared Services|