Explore Plant and Transport Solutions are currently recruiting for a Workshop Supervisor to join the team at our Depot in Winsford.
The role of the Workshop Supervisor is critical in the delivery of the Explore Plant Hire vision and of its need to deliver a fluid communication path between the workshop shop floor and the workshop manager to ensure on time deliveries to maximise revenue.
Safety is core to everything we do and you will be required to maintain the workload in the workshop in line with instructions from the Workshop Manager, co-ordination of resources and liaising with internal stake holders to ensure work is delivered on time, on budget and to the quality standard required. Your drive and enthusiasm will achieve improvements in availability and plant standards, reduce long term maintenance spend. You will ensure all maintenance activities are in line with company process and delivered in a safe and professional manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all work is captured accordingly, using the systems provided to organise job flow in the workshop including scheduling and planning work.
- Maintain accurate service, maintenance and repair records for all assets that pass through the workshop
- Liaise with internal stakeholders/Procurement/Stores ensuring parts are ordered, documented and delivered in a timely manner for each job against each asset
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Workshop Manager
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the workshop and the wider business
- Other duties as agreed on a daily basis with the Workshop Manager.
- To ensure that the maintenance strategy is implemented in the depot workshop
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the workshop team
- Develop a flexible proactive maintenance team with improved skills and competencies.
- Ensure the workshop resource is utilised to deliver maximum value from scheduled maintenance slots and that the target % completion of tasks are adhered to.
- Liaise with Workshop Manager to ensure that workshop output reflects the commercial requirements of the business.
- Liaise with Stores and procurement teams to ensure that all critical and service related spares are available to ensure prompt turnaround of workshop service and repairs.
Nature & Area of Impact
This is a role that requires excellent stakeholder management coupled with good problem-solving skills. An ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining best practice H&S standards is a core requirement. A key measure for this role is the turnaround time on assets allowing the company to generate higher revenues from asset availability.
- Engineering Trade Qualification
- SSSTS / IOSH
- Full UK Driving Licence
Strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, telehandlers, dumpers & rollers, a good understanding of non operated plant would also be preferable (OEM understanding for CAT, JCB and Hitachi Machines preferred.)
- Electrical fault finding
- Fault Diagnosis
- General servicing and defect repair.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the business
- People management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel, preferable
- Quality, health and safety and productivity focussed
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge continuous improvement.
|Job Category||Business Shared Services|