Explore Plant and Transport Solutions are currently recruiting a Heavy Plant Welder for its depot at Aveley.
Working as part of our Heavy Plant Maintenance Team, you will be supporting our depot team to achieve improvements in availability and plant standards, reduce long term maintenance spend and help to achieve our Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives. You will ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and delivered in a safe and professional manner.
- Completion of planned preventative and corrective maintenance activities in a timely manner to minimise equipment downtime.
- Maintain Records of works completed and supporting processes.
- Delivery of continuous improvement projects/actions.
- Adhere to all Safety related documentation (Safe Systems of Work, Visual Task Sheets & Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc) for all maintenance activities.
- Ensure Safety related documentation (Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc.) for all maintenance work are completed where required.
- Strong & Proactive communication with site team – acting as the face of Explore Plant Hire.
- Support management with root cause problem solving exercises.
- Timesheets submitted in a timely manner to management.
- Task sheets completed on time and to the required level of detail.
- Improvement in plant availability.
- Play your part in a reduction on overall maintenance spend year on year by suggesting alternative ways.
- Remain legally compliant and provide safe operations.
NATURE & AREA OF IMPACT
This is a role that requires good problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining best practice H&S standards. A key measure – turnaround time on assets allowing the company to generate higher revenues from asset availability.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- NVQ Level 2/3 Plant Maintenance/time served or equivalent
- CSCS Blue
- Experienced in MIG/Stick Welding
- CSCS Gold
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Coded Welding
Strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of heavy plant machinery ranging from excavators, telehandlers, dumpers & rollers etc. (OEM understanding for CAT, JCB and Hitachi Machines preferred.)
- MIG welding techniques
- Stick welding
- Cutting & Burning
- Working to technical drawings
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge Continuous improvement